Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living room warm and kitchen colder

Options
  • 15-02-2021 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Bought a new build last month (A3). I have three floors with three zones and three nest thermostats. Downstairs the thermostat is in the living room. When the heating is on, the living room gets warm and nice, but the kitchen, being quite bigger and with large patio doors, feels 1-2 degrees colder than the living room. I don't think there are any obvious drafts. My concern is that probably the output of the rad in the kitchen is not as good per the room size as the one in the living room.

Would increasing the temperature of the water in the rads help getting the kitchen a bit warmer? I suppose other option is to switch the thermostat to the alley. I don't know much about heating, so all this is new to me. I suposse that if I install a TRV in the living room it wouldn't be appropriate, as that is the room with the thermostat

Advertisement