Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkie dogs lives matter

Options
  • 14-02-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Sindo wrote:
    GARDAI were forced to shoot a dog twice when the animal attempted to attack officers as a drugs raid was carried out.

The dog, believed to be a bullmastiff, was shot twice by an armed officer during the raid at Coburg Place, in Dublin 1.

As a result of the operation, earlier today, €5,000 cannabis herb was found and a man in his 40s arrested.

Although the dog was very hostile towards officers, attempts were made to save the animal.

The dog was taken from the scene but died while he was getting treatment in the veterinary clinic.

As an official firearm was discharged the incident has been notified to the Garda Síochana Ombudsman Commission.”

So when’s the protest and vigil for this dog?

All seriousness though, a GSOC investigation into the shooting of a dog? This is nothing more than embezzlement of our tax money. If it was a suspect who was shot and killed, fair enough, but it’s a ****ing animal. Who will be footing the veterinary bill? No doubt us, the taxpayers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Never forget #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I'd say it's related to the discharging of a firearm more than what was shot.

Can a taser not disable a person or a dog? Remember that African lad they shot recently, would a taser not have stopped him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It’s probably an investigation into discharging a weapon, the fact an animal was killed is immaterial really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

Who will be footing the veterinary bill? No doubt us, the taxpayers.

The tail wagging the dog here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭893bet

#ibewoofhim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Really was a ruff way to go..

At least they collared the suspect

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dog had the munchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭secman

Why was the dog not shot in his 2 front paws....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Really was a ruff way to go..

At least they collared the suspect

From what I hear he was indeed the lead suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's 100% because shots were fired. A Garda firearm could be fired at a tree in the middle of the forest and it'd automatically result in a GSOC investigation. This IMO is absolutely how police use of firearms should be handled, there are other countries which could learn a lot of lessons from the seriousness in which Ireland regards the firing of any bullet for any reason by a member of our police.

• Advertisement

Mimon wrote: »
    From what I hear he was indeed the lead suspect.

Scene was littered with bullets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

They should have called in the dog whisperers and social workers and tried to reason with the dog. I bet you it was a brown dog too. Anyone for a vigil/ riot

Maybe the gaurds should have tried a few dance moves to calm the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭secman

Playing fetch with the wrong crowd. Win some..lose some.. but you wont winalot..dawgone

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Should have shot him in the leg #dogslivesmatters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

They should have called in the dog whisperers and social workers and tried to reason with the dog. I bet you it was a brown dog too. Anyone for a vigil/ riot

I think youre barking up the wrong tree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

secman wrote: »
    Playing fetch with the wrong crowd. Win some..lose some.. but you wont winalot..dawgone

Sorry but you don't get a pat on the head for this post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was it a black lab

Should have shot him in the leg #dogslivesmatters

That will be a bone of contention for gsoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

As a dog-lover, this is another reason cannabis should be legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭anewme

No bad dogs, only irresponsible owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I blame the parents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Was it a black lab

It was a social experiment gone barking

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Tomaldo wrote: »

Ok I’ll bite. Please do explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

RIP

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A drug dealer and a bull mastiff dog ...

I don't think I've ever seen a decent person with a breed like that, the poor dog is always an accessory to the hard-man act.

Tomaldo wrote: »

If they weren't selling weed they'd be robbing cash in transit vans or something else. Their houses would still be being raided. Their pit bulls would still be going for trigger happy cop's ball sacks. Canine blood is getting spilled either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Woof justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

If they weren't selling weed they'd be robbing cash in transit vans or something else. Their houses would still be being raided. Their pit bulls would still be going for trigger happy cop's ball sacks. Canine blood is getting spilled either way.
    you can't predict the future, unless u have a crystal ball, but even if you're correct, we would have a redundant drug squad to pursue them for those nefarious activities. Also, could we not prevent people like them owning a dog?

Advertisement