Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Outside light fitting

Options
  • 14-02-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

The outer casing of an outside light fell off last night. is putting up a new fitting a DIY job or is there something I dont know about that means I should leave it to a proper electrician?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭karlitob

The outer casing of an outside light fell off last night. is putting up a new fitting a DIY job or is there something I dont know about that means I should leave it to a proper electrician?

Send a pic. A reasonably straight forward DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Once no major change in fitting size or type then should be straight forward enough.Hopefully a bit of slack on cabling to allow flexibility. Take photo of way it is wired before removal. Check instructions on new fitting re voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 The Spark

Ensure you isolate the old light fitting first, preferably at the distribution board before disconnecting it.

Advertisement