Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Looking for new Windows laptop under €350

• 13-02-2021 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ xlogo

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a new laptop - preferably with a 14" screen but price must be €350 ish.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ xlogo

??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭ CatInABox

Honestly, it's hard to recommend a laptop in that price range. Every one of them will be compromised in several ways.

Perhaps just get one from a reputable supplier, as they'll all be somewhat similar.

CatInABox wrote:
    Honestly, it's hard to recommend a laptop in that price range. Every one of them will be compromised in several ways.

CatInABox wrote:
    Perhaps just get one from a reputable supplier, as they'll all be somewhat similar.

Cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭ minikin

Only usable (new) laptop you’ll get for your budget is a chromebook (not windows).

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ poitinstill

Bump.....
    looking for similar. last year i bought a hp with pentium gold processor. and 128G ssd. in currys for 349 in what appears to have been a genuine sale as same thing is 399 ( out of stock atm)
    just looked at harvey norman/ did / currys and there is feck all for under 350 except those 4G/64G eMMC .

the one i got last year had windows 10s so i put open office on it instead performs perfectly fine for a 1st year.

Prices seem to be crazy high when you thingk they should be falling for everything bar top end ones.. ( like phones and tablets are) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭ duffman3833

laptop prices are high due to stock levels are low. With Covid, factories etc were closed and possibly still working at a reduced rate so laptops and pcs wont be as well stocked as before.
    As mentioned above, laptops in the 300-400 price range are not going to be without some compromises.
    Pick a handful you like, compare the specs and see which offers the best bang for the euro you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ Covieland

Teclast is a good brand of laptop on AliExpress I have one and it does everything I need like web browsing, YouTube, etc it is not made for gaming,
    Currently you can get one for €270, they ship from Poland so tax has been paid on it,

Teclast F7S
    14.1" 1920x1080 IPS
    8GB RAM
    128GB ROM
    Windows 10
    Intel Apollo Lake

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ poitinstill

seems the prices are holding due to demand /shortages alright.. here is a list/guide i found

https://techtablets.com/recommended-chinese-notebooks-brands/

the prices from 19/20 you'd expect to go down but they are about 100 above 2019 levels.

Thanks for the replies - got one from the Dell outlet store.

Advertisement