Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amount of poo in this country is absolutely phenomenal

Options
  • 12-02-2021 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭

Senator criticises "phenomenal" amount of poo in Irish villages
    because we all are walking around our villages, because we bloody well have nothing else to do, but the amount of poo in this country is absolutely phenomenal,”
    Regina Doherty also said she was in shock to hear that there were 800,000 dogs in the country but just 217,000 dog licences.
    Do we have nothing else to do except walk around our villages?
    I have not noticed a spike in dog poo around the place, yet, but I don't live in a village, are all villages festooned with poo like she says? What about all the bird poo, rat poo, cow poo, cat poo?
    Is there really 800k dogs in Ireland, that's one for every six humans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Wonder has she seen the scat thread on here? Full of filthy kernts.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Fair play to her for calling some of her constituents idiots. It's a rare Irish politician that tells it like it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That senator is correct.
    The amount of dog shoite on the footpath of Irish towns and villages is shocking. It shows an enormous amount of disrespect (by the dog owners) to the rest of us. Very anti-social.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

And here we have another shite thread

Wonder has he seen the scat thread on here? Full of filthy kernts.

I think you'll find that the good Senator REGINA is a lady, although for all I know she may well like it up the gick passage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Was she not called the Fine Gael Rottweiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Cats bury their sh1t, cows don't really go walkabout in towns.
    That leaves a vast amount of dog sh1t, some cultural horsesh1t and the occasional turd of human origin plastered on our streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The senator has obvious never heard of humans. We do way more poos than dogs.

Another reason why senators are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Amount of people I see that aren't bothered about picking it up, some areas dogs are just left loose all the time too.

And yes I have said it to a few I was close enough to to say you going to pick it up, but be damn sure they have actually gone as the wife was screamed at before to pick up after our dog and she had genuinely just gone for a pee as the girls squat I can understand the confusion.

Kivaro wrote: »
    That senator is correct.
    The amount of dog shoite on the footpath of Irish towns and villages is shocking. It shows an enormous amount of disrespect (by the dog owners) to the rest of us. Very anti-social.

Sure the dogs in the street know we're a nation of pigs, which is why those very same dogs know that they can defecate on the public highway with impunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has she fcuk all else to worry about?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

That would make her the same as the rest of us so.
    Nothing else to worry about.

Has she fcuk all else to worry about?

Politicians are always looking for a bandwagon to jump on. She's flying a kite to see if there's enough outrage about the issue to make a name for herself. A ****e kite, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

You need a licence for dogs and cows and sheep need to be tagged, but not for horses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are people actually prosecuted for not having dog licences?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You need a licence for dogs and cows and sheep need to be tagged, but not for horses

They need to be chipped, like the dog licences this is thought to be optional and largely ignored.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cats bury their sh1t

The feral fcukers that kept crapping in my back garden certainly didn't. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Zaph wrote: »
    The feral fcukers that kept crapping in my back garden certainly didn't. :mad:

That's pretty sh1t of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Wonder has she seen the scat thread on here? Full of filthy kernts.

Next that thread of kernts will hire a bus, lads' day out(few filthy lassies on there too, mind) and pay these villages a visit and ..pay their respects. As one does when in Rome. On footpaths..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Kivaro wrote: »
    That senator is correct.

What bugs me about this is that people push their prams and pushchairs along the paths, which have dog poo on them others have not cleaned up after their dogs, and then people push the pram into the house, bring them into living room or kitchen because baby is asleep. And then later on the baby is crawling around hands and face on the floor. :( One could say the same for shoes but at least it is totally easy to be one of the weirdoes (apparently!) who leaves their shoes at the door. Which is the civilised thing to do. You can't leave the pushchair in the porch etc away from the living area if the baby is asleep in it. It is terrible to not pick up after your dog poos on the path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Politicians are always looking for a bandwagon to jump on. She's flying a kite to see if there's enough outrage about the issue to make a name for herself. A ****e kite, if you will.

She's looking to up her 1st count and then her transfers, i.e. her number 2s, by a turd. Should be enough to see her defecated back into the upper chamber(pot).

An Ri rua wrote: »
    She's looking to up her 1st count and then her transfers, i.e. her number 2s, by a turd. Should be enough to see her defecated back into the upper chamber(pot).

At which point she'll be able to introduce a Private Members Motion to deal with this pressing national issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Galway City Council have set out on a mission to combat dog poop left on paths and green areas with a new creative project. 'Clean it up you dirty pup' will be stencilled on footpaths around the city and poop will be highlighted by spray paint https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/galways-dog-poop-problem-halved-aftercouncils-bizarrespray-paintcampaign-40764437.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm sure that will work :rolleyes:

*Reads article*.. well they sure showed me

"DOG fouling dropped by 50pc after a trial to spray paint canine poop in their area.

Galway City Council ran its ‘Clean it up you dirty Pup!’ initiative across three different trial areas with a so-far remarkable success rate.

The scheme was modelled on a similar trial in Roscommon where the town of Ballintubber reported a drop in dog fouling over two months from 300 instances to zero, according to FOI records."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

They put up signs on a walk near me and there was an immediate improvement.

it’s really disgusting especially when out with young kids who don’t know to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Maybe it depends on the area but I very rarely see dog turds these days, I honestly can’t remember the last time I did. Big difference compared to back in the 80s and 90s when accidentally stepping in sh1t was a constant hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Not a fan of RD but she is correct here

Irish people are bad pet owners, always have been

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

improving i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dog’s Trust Ireland are getting 8 calls a day from people looking to return dogs they got during the “lockdown”.

There really should be some form of “idiot test” to stop these clowns from getting a dog in the first place.

Would be nice to find a way to stop the hard chaw thugs from getting “accessory dogs” and training them to be brutes.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
Advertisement