Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People shouting into their phones

Options
  • 12-02-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

What is with this thing, I am seeing it everywhere now.
    Instead of holding the phone to their ear, they put the conversation (not facetime) on speaker and continue to walk or sit on bus/luas roaring into their phone and the other person screeching out of the speaker..

I'm gonna grab it off someone and chuck it out the window soon...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I think it's occasionally useful in loud environments.

Which is not to say that that's what it's being used for. People suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

Read up or google about
    Sidetone on mobile phones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Also the more important some people deem their stupid phone call to be, the louder they shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Pineapplez56

I use loudspeaker quite frequently now when I can as opposed to holding it to my head as who knows the damage that’s being done putting that thing right up to your ear and head, could cause aneurysms or all sorts as we get older I know a few people who have had brain problems they do not smoke either and I’m convinced the phones are doing something. They don’t actually know enough about it to say if they are safe or not. look it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I use loudspeaker quite frequently now when I can as opposed to holding it to my head as who knows the damage that’s being done putting that thing right up to your ear and head, could cause aneurysms or all sorts as we get older I know a few people who have had brain problems they do not smoke either and I’m convinced the phones are doing something. They don’t actually know enough about it to say if they are safe or not. look it up..

I was always curious about this.
    I think radiation exposure is a problem. The modern smart phones emit a lot of radiation and I reckon phone company’s like Apple and Samsung are so huge it’s kept hush hush. Tinfoil hat stuff I know but I wouldn’t be surprised in a few years down the road science will discover they are causing problems and phones will have to pass an emissions tests like cars do.
    This could be all wallop but we’ll know in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Very bad manners

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

iamstop wrote: »

I loved that show. So funny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cell phones emit low levels of non-ionizing radiation when in use. The type of radiation emitted by cell phones is also referred to as radio frequency (RF) energy. As stated by the National Cancer Institute, "there is currently no consistent evidence that non-ionizing radiation increases cancer risk in humans".

So no need to worry, it won't affecting you. Comparison

TV/Radio - ~1MHz
    Most mobiles operate up to 2.2GHz
    Microwave - ~3GHz
    Wi-Fi - 2.4-5.8GHz
    Some mobiles now operating on the 5 GHz frequency
    X-Ray - 5-50 EHz

(1 EHz = 1000000000 (1 billion) GHz)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

iamstop wrote: »

Is that the new iPhone max

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What is with this thing, I am seeing it everywhere now.
    Instead of holding the phone to their ear, they put the conversation (not facetime) on speaker and continue to walk or sit on bus/luas roaring into their phone and the other person screeching out of the speaker..

I'm gonna grab it off someone and chuck it out the window soon...

Three types of people do that in this world:

1, those who are thick and don't realise how annoying they are by doing so. But let's be honest those people are in the minority in this world compared to the following:

2, people who think others wish to hear what they have to say. Like they are coming off as someone cool, interesting, important, desired, wanted etc etc. Take your pick. These people, besides being arrogant, are also thick because no one gives a sh*t.

or

3, people who don't care if they are burning the ear hole off you. Me me me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hello 1999 called

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Three types of people do that in this world:

1, those who are thick and don't realise how annoying they are by doing so. But let's be honest those people are in the minority in this world compared to the following:

2, people who think others wish to hear what they have to say. Like they are coming off as someone cool, interesting, important, desired, wanted etc etc. Take your pick. These people, besides being arrogant, are also thick because no one gives a sh*t.

or

3, people who don't care if they are burning the ear hole off you. Me me me.

4. Just complete and utter dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

4. Just complete and utter dickheads.

Sadly that's 95% of the human population.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Are these the people who hold their phones horizontally in front of their mouths to talk, like those old folk who used sup their tea from a saucer?
    It’s just plain bad manners, me me me all the way not to use earphones, buds and keep your voice down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,089 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Are these the people who hold their phones horizontally in front of their mouths to talk, like those old folk who used sup their tea from a saucer?
    It’s just plain bad manners, me me me all the way not to use earphones, buds and keep your voice down.

Did you see the morons who are at this craic, on a busy street, when they can’t hear well, they end up giving evils towards the source of the noise.. a car, bus, or group of people passing and end up putting the phone back to use it as designed... at their ear... bulling, missing the attention seeking, and the ‘ohh look at me factor, people are talking to me and me to them, god I’m important and outrageous socially outgoing’.... :pac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    Read up or google about
    Sidetone on mobile phones

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidetone

Interesting, but... ?

Advertisement