Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Britney Spears father have control of all her finances?

Options
  • 12-02-2021 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,743 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

IMHO I think no.

We all have to learn to fend for ourselves in the end. The poor Woman can not even buy a latte without it been monitored.
    Her father has control of her career; her estate and much of her personal life.
    Maybe it is time he learned to let her be her own Woman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Who gives a fuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Its a distrubing story. Its sad the highlight of her day can be playing dress up on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Seems like a caring, but overly controlling father. Regardless, if his daughter chooses to spend it on silly things, it's her money, she's an adult.

Leave Britney alone!

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Seems like a caring, but overly controlling father. Regardless, if his daughter chooses to spend it on silly things, it's her money, she's an adult.

Hes far from caring if you watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

The whole thing seems very toxic .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,571 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I have had little inclination or interest to follow any of this.

But why does her father have complete control of her money and estate?

Just the highlights will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Atari Jaguar should have control it’s only fair.

Wouldnt be a britney fan but lockdown boredom i went down this root. Bascially money and control. A lot of no people making money grom her conservatorship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Harika

For a brown envelope I approve either side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,969 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The latest lawsuit was not about Britney regaining full control of her finances now, but about transferring full control away from her father. The result is that control is now split between Jamie Spears and Bessemer Trust Co. The “Free Britney” crowd are going on the assumption that Britney herself wants full control a.s.a.p. but we don’t actually know that AFAIK.

I think the intention is to have her finances audited independently to see how much he took from her. Lots of speculation, but we don’t know. Her ex, Kevin Federline, is on record as supporting conservatorship and saying Britney herself is generally OK with it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The whole thing seems very toxic .

Possible even ‘Criminal’?

She is possibly ‘Overprotected’.

Does it make you want to ‘Scream and Shout’?

Will this be in place ‘Till the World Ends’?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I thought toxic was one of her best videos though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I thought toxic was one of her best videos though

The red outfit in the space one was also noteworthy.

I have had little inclination or interest to follow any of this.

But why does her father have complete control of her money and estate?

Just the highlights will suffice.

I think she had a breakdown of sorts years ago,and shaved head and gave while in hospiteal etc etc

And her father was awarded right over everything since,accusations of all sorts of over reaching control have been bubbling just under surface with a long while now

I imagine,shes probably in a better place right now,and should,like brexiteers,take back control

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

She is far from being in a better place now, she is on a fair amount of medication which may not have been voluntary. Some of her Instagram postings are odd to say the least. She posted recently about her gym at home going on fire. It seems she is surrounded by some very devious and manipulating power hungry people who control everything she does as well as her estate. The tragic irony is that she had a hit many years ago called Lucky which now seems to be life imitating art for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,743 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Who gives a fuq?

A lot of people do. Just look above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I do believe she is mentally unwell. I also believe she was never allowed be normal and grow up the way most people do.

But her parents are part of the problem. No one person should have control. People who need to be accountable only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

To me it comes across as a human rights issue. All the lawyers, judges and everyone involved in making the decisions around the conservatorship are paid out of Britney Spears money. If she gains control of her own assets they wont continue to get paid.

The amount of corruption in the industry with pedophile rings, abuse of people rights, singers and artists treated like cash cows, its not a stretch that there might be something similar happening with Britney Spears and her conservatorship.
    Kevin Federline takes 200K from Britney Spears a month in child support and she cant do anything about it, he's benefitting from her conservatorship too.
    Everyone around her is exploiting her for her money. Its disgusting.
    If Kanye West and many other unwell celebrities can handle their own affairs, surely Britney Spears can too. It's like her 2007 breakdown is being held over her permanently, she's still paying the price for it, they wont allow her to move on because theyre making money from it. Its sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭ForestFire

There is no way any of Brittany's family, boyfriend or other "individuals" should have any control or any influence in her assets and finances.

If she has problems of her own and requires support or restrictions, to protect her, then the court should appoint an independent financial management firm, to her assets, or freeze her assets, with a monthly allowance paid to her for her continued and sufficient matenance.

• Advertisement

Kevin Federline takes 200K from Britney Spears a month in child support

60k?

https://www.insider.com/britney-spears-kevin-federline-custody-agreement-2019-9#:~:text=Last%20year%2C%20Federline%20requested%20that,not%20known%20at%20the%20time.
    Last year, Federline requested that Spears pay him $60,000 a month in child support, since he said he didn't make enough to support his children on his own. An agreement was reported on by People in September of last year, however specific monetary amount were not known at the time.

This seems a bit mental alright.

The children must be very high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I like Britney but she has to have deep mental issues or something.
    People going to court over control isn't what happens to a normal, sane level headed person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's mental. Plenty of parents out there who support kids on way less than 60 thousand a year let alone per month.

That's mental. Plenty of parents out there who support kids on way less than 60 thousand a year let alone per month.

It makes no sense. The man claims he does not make enough money to support his children and logically by extension one would assume himself.

For 99.999% of the population the response would be "tough" or "get your act in gear fast".

It seems to be an agreement between them though.

It's still mental that 60k a month is seen as a mere child support payment.

Theres different reports of 100K and under but supposedly the real number is closer to 200K since 2019 when he brought her to court for more money,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good thread OP.

It's these pressing matters that keep me awake at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Kevin ferderline has done well for himself. He was a bit of a waster, definitely married for money and fame imo anyway. I remember reports of him taking her to court numerous times for more money. Laughing all the way to the bank.

jrosen wrote: »
    Kevin ferderline has done well for himself. He was a bit of a waster, definitely married for money and fame imo anyway. I remember reports of him taking her to court numerous times for more money. Laughing all the way to the bank.

Under the guise of "child support". Hadn't looked in to this at all until now but it seems pretty disturbing really. It appears on the face of it that she is being fleeced but I don't know the in's and out's.

Can't provide for his children he says himself. Why not get a job? Needs 100k a month or whatever it is from her.

Is that the definition of a "scumbag"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Under the guise of "child support". Hadn't looked in to this at all until now but it seems pretty disturbing really. It appears on the face of it that she is being fleeced but I don't know the in's and out's.

Can't provide for his children he says himself. Why not get a job? Needs 100k a month or whatever it is from her.

Is that the definition of a "scumbag"?

no one seems to be critisising these payment when its the other way around.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie scandal. 8million a year
    Charlie Sheen – $110,000/month.
    Eddie Murphy – $50,000/month. ...
    Tom Cruise – $33,000/month. ...
    50 Cent – $25,000/month. ...
    Donald Trump – $25,000/month. ...

• Advertisement

no one seems to be critisising these payment when its the other way around.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie scandal. 8million a year
    Charlie Sheen – $110,000/month.
    Eddie Murphy – $50,000/month. ...
    Tom Cruise – $33,000/month. ...
    50 Cent – $25,000/month. ...
    Donald Trump – $25,000/month. ...

In those cases the mothers have most or all of the custody of the children. In the case of Britney Spears they have joint 50/50 custody. Also, out of all those payments, Britney Spears is paying the highest amount out of them. Also, everyone of those people you listed, besides Tom Cruise & 50 cent has more than 2 kids.

Advertisement