Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Cold Radiator.

Options
  • 12-02-2021 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not an uncommon topic on boards.ie but my cold radiator seems a bit more stubborn.

This is my situation. I've one cold radiator. It's downstairs and I suspect it may be the last on the return loop. It's been cold since we moved into this house. A small rad, I didn't take too much notice 'til this week's miserable weather.

The radiator in question is stone cold, and both flow and return pipes are cold. Both flow and return valves are fully open. When I open the bleed valve, nothing happens. No hiss, no water. Basically, the radiator is full of non-pressurised air, and possibly one of both of the feed pipes are too.

Where I'm at:
    I've turned off every radiator in the house, and the feed to the hot water cylinder. Unless there's a mysterious radiator somewhere, there is only one radiator turned on. When I switch on the heat, nothing happens. AFAIK this should fix the problem by running the hot water towards this lone rad in the system.
    I read elsewhere on boards.ie that if this doesn't work, it may be worth increasing the flow rate on the pump?
    I have a Baxi System Boiler 35/80 IE, with integrated pump. It seems I need to get a "filling loop" and connect two terminal on the underside togethers. Slowly open the values, and this'll increase the pressure. Am I right?

Would it be worth removing the radiator, in a process of elimination. Or the valves at either end, to see if there is any water in them?

Advertisement