Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting power out the back garden

Options
  • 11-02-2021 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Just a quick one. My fuse board is at the front of the house in the hall. Getting the garden done this year hopefully with covid out of the way. Looking to get a double garden socket on one side of the garden. Also looking to get power to a shed for a light and a socket.

Just looking for some advise on this one.

Do I need ducting to be put in?
    Do I need to run cable from a socket in the kitchen or do I have to run it from the main board? If so would it be an easy job?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

Pic below of a rough idea

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It would be best to bring a fresh circuit from the board. Supplying from an existing socket may be possible but it would depend on many factors. SWA can be direct buried.

Advertisement