Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford area partnership

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

aziz wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me what WAP is and what is this article all about

https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/02/11/waterford-council-considers-terminating-wap-contract/

my only dealings with them has been for putting on sports related activities and courses, i think it was created to try promote such activates, at the community level, found them to be very handy to be honest, i think they ran a mountain biking day last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WAP is a rather nebulous body which is an umbrella body for helping those who need help within the community and in the case of teh unemployed how to use their labour to develop aspects of the local area while developing some skills. They are one of a network across Ireland. It's a sort of do-good body by co-opting those who are willing to help on whatever basis - paid for, volunteer.

example page https://wap.ie/community-employment/

Full story background to it's fate here https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40205624.html

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Why are the Gardai involved,serious dodgy dealings?

Why are the Gardai involved,serious dodgy dealings?

i was told of some activities going on in there over the last couple of years, that certainly sounded a bit iffy, so its obviously fairly serious

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i was told of some activities going on in there over the last couple of years, that certainly sounded a bit iffy, so its obviously fairly serious

Go on,spill the beans 😉

• Advertisement

Go on,spill the beans 😉

ah ive no real info to be honest, i know someone that was doing a course with them recently, from what they told me, it sounded all a bit iffy, so im kinna not surprised its gone down this route. are we dealing with a 'only resting in my account' situation i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

ah ive no real info to be honest, i know someone that was doing a course with them recently, from what they told me, it sounded all a bit iffy, so im kinna not surprised its gone down this route. are we dealing with a 'only resting in my account' situation i wonder?

I’ve nothing whatsoever to do with WAP or any such organisation but i think you should consider deleting that post. Conjecture and hearsay of the highest order.

Gavlor wrote: »
    I’ve nothing whatsoever to do with WAP or any such organisation but i think you should consider deleting that post. Conjecture and hearsay of the highest order.

no worries, i ll get right on that, my highest priority

no worries, i ll get right on that, my highest priority

Not like you to peddle unverified nonsense ;)

Not like you to peddle unverified nonsense ;)

ah i suspect theres something bubble in there alright, from the little info i have, it doesnt sound too good, some courses sounded like an absolute disaster, and some of those folks would be vulnerable enough, so we ll see what comes of it, if anything at all

• Advertisement

ah i suspect theres something bubble in there alright, from the little info i have, it doesnt sound too good, some courses sounded like an absolute disaster, and some of those folks would be vulnerable enough, so we ll see what comes of it, if anything at all

No smoke without fire but your post was very unfair on the majority of the 47 staff currently employed by WAP

No smoke without fire but your post was very unfair on the majority of the 47 staff currently employed by WAP

how so? im sure many have worked hard in their jobs, ive heard some great things about the service, ive even done a course through them before, and was delighted with it

how so? im sure many have worked hard in their jobs, ive heard some great things about the service, ive even done a course through them before, and was delighted with it

Good to hear. You made a huge generalisation previously, based on second hand info.

Good to hear. You made a huge generalisation previously, based on second hand info.

hmmm, Gardaí investigations and a huge generalization, err emm okay!

hmmm, Gardaí investigations and a huge generalization, err emm okay!

You’re choosing to ignore the bit about the quality of the course that your imaginary friend was involved in.

You’re choosing to ignore the bit about the quality of the course that your imaginary friend was involved in.

how so, and which of my imaginary friends is this now, ive so many, i get them all mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

This thread is getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Just to add some balance, when I was starting up a social enterprise business a few years back, WAP couldn't have been more helpful; providing courses in Business start-up and basic accounting for small businesses, along with valuable business advice.

Their staff were very good to deal with.

Advertisement