Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and phone services on the same landline from two different providers

Options
  • 11-02-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the probably very silly post

But can anyone tell a relative idiot if you can have Broadband and Phone services from two different providers on the same phone line?

eg: I have a house with a landline and Sky currently provide Broadband and Phone through that landline (And TV through dish but using broadband for some content)

Im out of contract soon and I would like to continue with the sky broadband but get the landline/phone services from another company.

Is that possible?...(sorry, I know its probably a simpleton level question :D)

Also if you can do it are there any drawbacks in terms of one service interfering with another? one company signal messes up the other service etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm not too sure, but Sky will still charge you for line rental under their "Talk package".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭amacca

I'm not too sure, but Sky will still charge you for line rental under their "Talk package".

Ah so if you have broadband from them there will be a line rental portion added on anyway so if take braodband from them you might as well have them do the phone too...would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

amacca wrote: »
    Ah so if you have broadband from them there will be a line rental portion added on anyway so if take braodband from them you might as well have them do the phone too...would that be right?

Yes they would still charge your for their Talk package (line rental). It would sense to stick with Sky or change to a different provider altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Line sharing is possible but it's usually more expensive so nobody does it.

Advertisement