Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall floor

Options
  • 10-02-2021 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place but tonight we heard very loud crackling noise in the hallway on investigation it seems like the floor tiles have lifted from the floor (press on them and you can hear the crackling) can anyone tell me what is going on or what I need to do? The house is about 18 years old in a large estate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Can you share a photo or 2 ?
    Assume it is front door on ground floor on concrete slab ? Ceramic type floor tiles ?
    Can you lift tile broken tile to investigate - is there a similar crack in concrete floor perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Comerman

DIY KING wrote: »
    Can you share a photo or 2 ?
    Assume it is front door on ground floor on concrete slab ? Ceramic type floor tiles ?
    Can you lift tile broken tile to investigate - is there a similar crack in concrete floor perhaps ?
    Thanks for your reply DIY KING, yes it is front door on concrete (I'd assume) there are no broken tiles so I won't be taking anything up at the moment. it's like part of the tile floor just separated from the concrete, when I step on it there's a bit of give. There is a couple of mil gap in one corner at the skirting board. PHOTO-20210211-070444.jpg

Advertisement