Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build - question

Options
  • 10-02-2021 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all,

We are looking to buy new build in co Dublin as FTB.
    There is scheduled launch in March [for now].

I was wondering what type of things you should ask on the launch day (show house viewing)?
    We have AIP, HTB approve.

As well as what to possibly ask afterwards? Like an external tap, more power sockets etc?

In pure theory, scheduled finish is in summer but that is super vague and will be delayed, i know :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

basically you can ask anything, but the EA won't answer them, as propbably there will be more people that wont ask them. Once you go sale agreed, you will have a better opportunity. I would instruct the EA to direct your queries to the foreman/builder. That is what we did and we were able to:

- tile the kitchen and install wooden floors in the house after snagging and before closing
    - get an outdoor tap
    - get outdoor sockets
    - extra sockets (we paid something like 20 euro extra per socket)

We even got the keys to the house when we signed contracts (about 1.5 months before moving in) from the foreman and we were able to come in as we pleased to measure anything.

out of interest, where is the development?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Hi, very helpful! Thank you!☺️
    Newcastle co Dublin
    The other one is newpark Adamstown

Advertisement