Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro install apartment issues

Options
  • 10-02-2021 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Have to move to Oranmore due to a change in circumstances so I am currently looking at internet options. Siro will install in the semi-detached house next to the apartment I am moving into but showing as not available in the apartment, it's in the same estate and less than 10 feet away but Siro is showing as not available on the website. It seems to be this way for all of the apartments in the estate but available in all of the houses. There is a mixture aswell, not like all apartments at one side and houses on the other so i'm not sure what's happening. Has anybody experienced this before because I really want fiber in my home rather than a copper line, especially if my neighbour in the same estate is able to get it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

TheSegal wrote: »
    Have to move to Oranmore due to a change in circumstances so I am currently looking at internet options. Siro will install in the semi-detached house next to the apartment I am moving into but showing as not available in the apartment, it's in the same estate and less than 10 feet away but Siro is showing as not available on the website. It seems to be this way for all of the apartments in the estate but available in all of the houses. There is a mixture aswell, not like all apartments at one side and houses on the other so i'm not sure what's happening. Has anybody experienced this before because I really want fiber in my home rather than a copper line, especially if my neighbour in the same estate is able to get it!

A lot of these apartment blocks have agreements with ****ty slow BB providers and don't allow you to organise your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

That sounds really weird to have an arrangement for a block of apartments but not for the semi-detached houses? I assumed any agreement would be estate wide

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

More likely OMC issues doing apt installs. If the homes are owned they go: "can I drill here" "Yes" *starts drilling*

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

ED E wrote: »
    More likely OMC issues doing apt installs. If the homes are owned they go: "can I drill here" "Yes" *starts drilling*

Sorry, i'm not familiar with the acronym OMC? I know the owner of the apartment, it's not a big management agency as far as i'm aware. I should also clarify that it is a duplex arrangement as in one flat on the bottom and another above.

Advertisement