Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCK Problem P20 Pro

Options
  • 09-02-2021 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if somebody came across this problem.

I brought a Huawei P20 Pro from Egoblal about 2 years ago and just popped in my Vodafone SIM card and it all worked fine. No issues.

Now work is requiring us to move to a new mobile operator and issued new SIM cards. I popped mine into the P20 Pro and get an error message SIM UNLOCK NCK.
    Vodafone would not give any info as I didnt buy the phone from them and the new operator says go back to vodafone.

WHat I don't understand it is not a Vodafone purchased phone, its only the SIM card from Vodafone.

What options do I have ?

Regards

L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Apple do something like that, the phone bonds to the first SIM inserted. No others normally do.

It appears that Huawei are doing branding dynamically. As in you got a carrier neutral phone but after the first or 2nd reboot it downloads the VF specific branding for due to the SIM. That shouldnt lock it though.

A full reset removes the branding, that'd be option A)
    Option B) would be to flash a stock rom image and hope that wipes the lock out

Seems codes cannot be bought for IE, just UK units.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,

Thanks for that, should I have the vodafone sim in the phone when I attempt to do the hard reset?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Id leave the tray empty. No guarantees itll work, just to be clear.

Advertisement