Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do any satellite installers do Zgemma?

• 09-02-2021 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Ideally I'd like to have the dish, wiring and box done by a one-stop shop installer. Most of the ones I've seen do other cheaper boxes though as part of their standard packages.

Does anyone know of anyone installing around Dublin that would install and set up a Zgemma box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭swoofer

have a look at satworld.ie as they do installations etc. Send them an email, they sell the zgemma as well.

With these boxes its best if you set it up yourself then if something goes iffy you can ask on here, if its all done for you you can be stuck.

Try them and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My buddy was going to go down this route (i.e. full install, including box). In the end he just got the installer to add dish, aerial and cabling. The box was done by me (but that was because he was living in Scotland at the time), and it really is an easy hour's work to get it fully up and running.

If the charge from an installer is similar to the cost of the box on it's own - then I'd go with them. But if not, do it yourself. It will also help you get to know the box for when you want to change things, update it/etc.

Advertisement