Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android apps on VU+ SOLO 2 - Which image?

Options
  • 09-02-2021 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to install Android apps on VU+ SOLO 2? I basically want to replace the current Android TV box I am using to run apps like RTE Player, IPTV apps etc.

If Yes, Which image? Currently on OpenVIX.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

TestLink wrote: »
    Is it possible to install Android apps on VU+ SOLO 2? I basically want to replace the current Android TV box I am using to run apps like RTE Player, IPTV apps etc.

If Yes, Which image? Currently on OpenVIX.

No, it doesn't run Android apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭TestLink

Ok, Thanks...

Could you suggest the best current image for VU+ SOLO2 box? Havent been using the box for a while, but would like to start experimenting on it again!

Also saw the below app people are talking about. Vu+ PlayerHD for Android. So would give it a try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuplus.android&hl=en_IE&gl=US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

TestLink wrote: »
    Also saw the below app people are talking about. Vu+ PlayerHD for Android. So would give it a try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuplus.android&hl=en_IE&gl=US

I think what you are confusing is where the apps are installed. The above link is an Android app installed on a phone that accesses a satellite box on the same network. In your original post I took it that you wanted to install the app on the actual box which wont work.
    As an aside, most Enigma 2 images that run satellite boxes have a feature called WEBIF, a web interface. This allows you to control and stream from the satellite box to any device on the same network that has a web browser. Simply enter your box network address into the web browser address bar 192.168.xxx.xxx. (unique to your network)

• Advertisement

I think what you are confusing is where the apps are installed. The above link is an Android app installed on a phone that accesses a satellite box on the same network. In your original post I took it that you wanted to install the app on the actual box which wont work.
    As an aside, most Enigma 2 images that run satellite boxes have a feature called WEBIF, a web interface. This allows you to control and stream from the satellite box to any device on the same network that has a web browser. Simply enter your box network address into the web browser address bar 192.168.xxx.xxx. (unique to your network)

Thanks, Could you suggest the current best image for VU+ SOLO2 box, which is under active development?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

openVix is popular. This is the most recent image from 8th Feb. Make sure to download the EXACT correct image to suit your model of box.

Advertisement