Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection Mess

Options
  • 08-02-2021 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience in the following would be greatly appreciated, I am fit to crack up. I applied with my wife for mortgage protection 3 weeks ago. Week one they came back at Zurich to say my wife was approved but I needed a PMA report to be completed by a GP.

They sent out the report to be completed by the GP start of the second week , GP received the Thursday week before last and sat on it. They wouldn’t complete until they receive their 160 payment. Cue last week still no payment still no submission, so I requested to pay and be reimbursed on Thursday by Zurich , GP filled out and submitted the form.

Felt like cracking up tonight to find out the GP left loose ends and the report and didn’t fill it out correctly. Zurich want the loose ends tied up so have requested more info from the GP. It will be at least the end of week now early next week I will hear an update and I suspect it will not be the end of it . So frustrating this whole process is .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Chong wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience in the following would be greatly appreciated, I am fit to crack up. I applied with my wife for mortgage protection 3 weeks ago. Week one they came back at Zurich to say my wife was approved but I needed a PMA report to be completed by a GP.

They sent out the report to be completed by the GP start of the second week , GP received the Thursday week before last and sat on it. They wouldn’t complete until they receive their 160 payment. Cue last week still no payment still no submission, so I requested to pay and be reimbursed on Thursday by Zurich , GP filled out and submitted the form.

Felt like cracking up tonight to find out the GP left loose ends and the report and didn’t fill it out correctly. Zurich want the loose ends tied up so have requested more info from the GP. It will be at least the end of week now early next week I will hear an update and I suspect it will not be the end of it . So frustrating this whole process is .

I meant to say is it supposed to be this difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ideally the payment would have issued to your GP and the report returned completed satisfactorily.

Unfortunately you have encountered a little delay, never nice, but it happens and when it comes to insurable risk.
    Either it's completed as needed by the insurer, or the risk is deemed uninsurable.

Hopefully the corrected report will solve the matter for you, but if a delay such as this is trying?
    I hope you are buying a new build and not in a chain, as delay is endemic in property transactions.

I hope your health stays Hale and hearty and it's just a box ticking exercise completed incorrectly.
    Good luck in your new home.

banie01 wrote: »
    Ideally the payment would have issued to your GP and the report returned completed satisfactorily.

Unfortunately you have encountered a little delay, never nice, but it happens and when it comes to insurable risk.
    Either it's completed as needed by the insurer, or the risk is deemed uninsurable.

Hopefully the corrected report will solve the matter for you, but if a delay such as this is trying?
    I hope you are buying a new build and not in a chain, as delay is endemic in property transactions.

I hope your health stays Hale and hearty and it's just a box ticking exercise completed incorrectly.
    Good luck in your new home.

HA thankfully it is a new build. I figured the mortgage application would have been the hardest but this has been painful. Thank you!

So it is looking like I am about to be rejected for Mortgage Protection with 1 firm, I still have a second one in the mix with Zurich but it may go the same way.

This whole process is soul destroying. The firm pending rejection has referred the case to their Chief Medical Officer with the likelihood of it being rejected. This is because I had a mini stroke in 2010 as result of PFO ( hole in the heart ). The PFO was fixed and there was no underlying issues or conditions as a result of the stroke. All functionality returned after a day or two post stroke. I had an ocular migraine in 2019 and my GP referred me to the Mater to get checked out because of my past.

So the company possibly rejecting are putting the two together and saying most likely no thanks. I still have hope with the other application but I suspect it could go the same way. I really don't know to do anymore, I am having a chat with Lion.ie so maybe they can help. Anyone else got experience in this or can offer advise.

I have read Zurich are bit better with covering Stroke patients but I really do not know anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hao123

Is it okay to add an additional critical illness cover eg accelerated mortgage protection? the CI cover normally covers stroke

• Advertisement

hao123 wrote: »
    Is it okay to add an additional critical illness cover eg accelerated mortgage protection? the CI cover normally covers stroke

I figured ok I could add that as add on perhaps as I had heard of it but the underwriter yesterday said no we couldn't add that just most likely not a runner. Interestingly the application pre the PMAR was postponed to which I was quite annoyed by, I figured it should at least go to the GP for review. I could not understand why and I requested to speak with a senior underwriter. To my shock they actually arranged a call back, something that is ordinarily not done. When I got speaking to the senior underwriter he said he was going to reverse the suspension and send out the PMAR to the GP.

The person who had originally reviewed my case decided to suspend flat out because of the stroke, which was wrong so the senior person decided to reverse the suspension and request a GP PMAR. That underwriter came back yesterday to say the stroke is a key factor and won't reach terms, he would be shocked if the CMO recommended terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hao123

Well sounds a bit complex to me, how about deal with an insurance broker rather than insurance companies; the broker will give you all the options in the market according to your circumstances, and they will give pressure to sales of insurance companies hence more efficient.

Advertisement