Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Wardrobe (Pax) = knob placement

Options
  • 08-02-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Any tips for placement of knobs (single screw) on Ikea Pax Wardrobe doors? I see the Fixa template on their site. Possibly more suited to shorter kitchen drawers and doors. For a wardrobe you still need to be 100% accurate with centre of door which is about 8 ft long.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Last time I fitted handles on wardrobe doors, we went for lower than centre. Looks better and means you don't have to reach up to open them.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

leex wrote: »
    Any tips for placement of knobs (single screw) on Ikea Pax Wardrobe doors? I see the Fixa template on their site. Possibly more suited to shorter kitchen drawers and doors. For a wardrobe you still need to be 100% accurate with centre of door which is about 8 ft long.

Just so happens that I have an entire archive of pictures on a thread from two years ago when I fitted an 8ft PAX wardrobe in our daughters room,

I suppose my guide depends on the choice of door as I've just measured within the centre design of the door,
    But here's some pictures, I can't link the thread as moderators get very emotional, so heres the relevant pictures.

I purchased a T-square in my local pound shop
    we got measuring with a tape & a T-Square; the overall height of the centre panel is 35cm so half of that is 17.5cm

Then the full width of the outer support piece is: 7cm and half that is 3.5cm

ponp4gtej

Using the tape & T-Square we meassured down 17.5cm & across 3.5cm to mark the holes, followed by drilling with a 5mm wood drill bit.

poCiL0TEj

pnwiKE4Rj

Final touch then to complete the appearance on the inside are these caps;

6 x Pack "VARIERA" 5mm Cover Caps (White) item code: 002.263.15

Also available in black; there for the kitchen section,

pnklsrS2j

pohPicbSj

They cost penny's to purchase and make the unit look alot better as theres no empty spaces left in the panels when fitted:

poFAhR6Vj

Barely notice the caps from a short distance, they really make a difference to the appearance in my opinion.

pmE72TWvj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

LenWoods wrote: »
    Just so happens that I have an entire archive of pictures on a thread from two years ago when I fitted an 8ft PAX wardrobe in our daughters room,

I suppose my guide depends on the choice of door as I've just measured within the centre design of the door,
    But here's some pictures, I can't link the thread as moderators get very emotional, so heres the relevant pictures.

I purchased a T-square in my local pound shop
    we got measuring with a tape & a T-Square; the overall height of the centre panel is 35cm so half of that is 17.5cm

Then the full width of the outer support piece is: 7cm and half that is 3.5cm

ponp4gtej

Using the tape & T-Square we meassured down 17.5cm & across 3.5cm to mark the holes, followed by drilling with a 5mm wood drill bit.

poCiL0TEj

pnwiKE4Rj

Final touch then to complete the appearance on the inside are these caps;

6 x Pack "VARIERA" 5mm Cover Caps (White) item code: 002.263.15

Also available in black; there for the kitchen section,

pnklsrS2j

pohPicbSj

They cost penny's to purchase and make the unit look alot better as theres no empty spaces left in the panels when fitted:

poFAhR6Vj

Barely notice the caps from a short distance, they really make a difference to the appearance in my opinion.

pmE72TWvj

Thanks a million for that response. I think I could have a T square knocking around the house somewhere. I never thought of plugging those holes either - great idea.

Guessing you measured the vertical distance with a tape measure as the T square wont lie flush on the door due to the upper cross bar and outer vertical bars meting.

I'd say our doors are similar to ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

leex wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that response. I think I could have a T square knocking around the house somewhere. I never thought of plugging those holes either - great idea.

Guessing you measured the vertical distance with a tape measure as the T square wont lie flush on the door due to the upper cross bar and outer vertical bars meting.

I'd say our doors are similar to ours.
    Yeah measured the vertical distance with the tape then T-square to keep them all the same,

Advertisement