Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Resident Buy To Let mortgage application process

Options
  • 08-02-2021 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone experience of getting a mortgage with a non resident buy to let property? I'm Irish but was working in UK for last 3 years and have returned to Ireland. Still employed by UK company but am remote working from Ireland. Am going through a broker and as I'm still paid in GBP I was advised to go for a buy to let, as no guarantee I'll get a job offer here. The application was first made in December and is still ongoing. Broker used a better GBP to EUR exchange rate than the bank, so it was initially rejected but is now on appeal. Bank keep returning for more info with no end in sight. I feel they want to reject the application but don't have good reason to, hence the ongoing requests for more info and documents. Is this experience typical for this kind of mortgage?

Advertisement