Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir won't disconnect broadband even after I've moved out

Options
  • 08-02-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,
    I had a contract with eir for TV, phone and broadband. I was renting and wanted to cancel my contract after the year as my lease was up and I was moving out. Unfortunately (my fault) I didn't know about the 30 days notice of cancellation. I assumed that since my contract was ending I could just ask not to renew it.
    When I rang up they said that I didn't give enough notice and extended the contract for two more weeks. I have since had contact from my ex landloard that there is still an active line. There is still 2 weeks left on the contract. I called eir again and asked them to please just cut off the internet as we have moved out and sent back the box. They refuse to cut it off for another 2 weeks. I feel really bad because the current tenants can't get up their internet with the active line still running.
    Is there any way around this? It seems crazy that they won't just disconnect it
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Your mistake was signing up to anything with Eir. Their customer service is the worst in the country. They still owe me money - I'll never see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

You can do the new tenants a big favour and tell them to avoid Eir.

Advertisement