Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for Port Forwarding on the Eir FTTH Router

Options
  • 07-02-2021 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I have looked this up before posting, both on Boards and just the internet in general and I really cant find anything that tells me why this is not working.

I have what I believe to be the Eir Fibre F5366s router, the unit was just installed a couple of weeks ago so the unit is new (although I know the model may not be) but the back says Eir Fibre Box 1A 1.0 and it is definitely a Sagemcom unit.

I found this manual here and the manual seems to match the menu exactly so all good there.

I initially I tried to do it myself, not my first rodeo so I just logged in and went to the menu and found this below

gb4vghJ.jpg

and was not 100% sure about the whole internal/external thing so I went looking for a guide or help and I found the above manual and I followed the instructions and nope, did not work. I was using 2 different port forward checking pages and just nope.
    I had a think and I realised that the program in question I was trying to portforward was on my unraid server and it was using port 8080 so maybe this would work?

cNa4Vz5.jpg

And success, that worked. Port visible and all good... or so I thought. All of my torrents are stalling and I cant download or share anything. So no, not working.

Any ideas why? Any solutions that do not involve me buying a new router so I can just put the Eir router in bridging mode? Or is it a case that most of the ports on their routers are simply blocked and cannot be forwarded?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You've forwarded to the WebUI for QBT. Honestly turn that off quick, I wouldnt say thats a secure thing to have exposed.

QBT uses two ports, the WebUI one for remote management and the actual torrent port. Find that in your preferences/settings/whatever. It may be random and need to be set to a fixed value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Turns out while yes the the 8080 thing was the WebUI for QBT so that was the issue there the IP address on both did not fix the issue, turns out it was set up correctly the first time it was just qBittorrent so I changed to another torrentor (deluge), changed the port again and we are all good.

Thanks

Advertisement