Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes for moving

Options
  • 07-02-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of not using a removal company and just hiring a van for a day. Where could I get boxes etc that you neee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you want the proper stuff and not supermarket boxes then Argos/Amazon or https://boxdepot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

You could hire good quality crates for the move.

Search for "rent delivery crates", you will find a few options

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Caranica wrote: »
    If you want the proper stuff and not supermarket boxes then Argos/Amazon or https://boxdepot.ie/

How do you buy from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gael23 wrote: »
    How do you buy from them?

Can usually buy online but I've just spotted this so I'm guessing they've temporarily disabled the online shop.

https://twitter.com/BoxDepotIrl/status/1358153166815125505?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I bought a load from Elephant Self Storage for our move. They have various sizes.
    Still use them to store items in the attic too so they were worth the cost.

• Advertisement

I’ll compare around a few packages and see how they stack up.Elephant storage ones are very distinctive.
    Found another company called Movers and Makers. The move is only from one end of the street to another so it’s nit worth hiring a removal company

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubhurler4

Hi OP. You might let me know his you get on with your research as I’m in a similar position with a house move. My move distance is only about 2 miles.

Dubhurler4 wrote: »
    Hi OP. You might let me know his you get on with your research as I’m in a similar position with a house move. My move distance is only about 2 miles.

This is for a 270 metre move! My grandparents are moving to a bungalow on the same street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Honestly , if you can get hold of a load of banana box's from a supermarket,they're pretty good ...
    They're very strong , they stack and they're all pretty much the same size ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

If ur lucky nuf to live near a box factory, they'll usually let u pick up some for nothing

Advertisement