Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other costs of buying a house?

Options
  • 07-02-2021 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Looking to buy a newly built house but i've no idea what other costs i can expect as part of the buying process.

I'm aware that I need 10% deposit as a first time buyer and I also need to pay 1% stamp duty. What would be the other costs of buying the property? (Valuation / Solicitor fees etc?)

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Solicitor fees prob be 2-3k which should include all the stuff they need to do like land registry etc. Probably varies depending on the solicitor.

The rest really depends what you need to pay for and how big the house is. Do you need to pay for tiling? Flooring? Blinds? What furniture do you need?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Floor finishes.
    House and contents insurance.
    Mortgage protection insurance.
    Blinds.
    Curtains.
    Furniture.
    Floor finishes
    House alarm.
    Appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

awec wrote: »
    Solicitor fees prob be 2-3k which should include all the stuff they need to do like land registry etc. Probably varies depending on the solicitor.

The rest really depends what you need to pay for and how big the house is. Do you need to pay for tiling? Flooring? Blinds? What furniture do you need?

Thanks ! I'm more thinking of costs to acquire the property. There will always be additional costs after you move in (flooring etc. like you mentioned) but I'm trying to budget how much I would need for a 650 - 700K property (or if i can even afford one :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Metalrobe

Thanks ! I'm more thinking of costs to acquire the property. There will always be additional costs after you move in (flooring etc. like you mentioned) but I'm trying to budget how much I would need for a 650 - 700K property (or if i can even afford one :D)

Ah here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Metalrobe wrote: »
    Ah here we go

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement