Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir ftth trying to use tplink archer vr2800

Options
  • 06-02-2021 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the tplink archer vr2800 will work as an alternative to the eir f2000 router for fibre broadband? i have been trying various settings to get it to connect with no luck.
    it just acts like its not connected to anything. there is an option in the setup to pick various isp's to automatically set it up but none work. ive turned on vlan and set it to 10 like i've read in other posts, but still no joy.
    i have manged to get it to "feed" off the f2000 router and give me better wifi around the house, but i would rather get rid of the f2000 completely if possible.
    i feel like the vr2800 is more than capable of doing this job considering the price tag, but it seems i am missing some vital settings to get it to actually connect. i am a noob when it comes to routers and networking, so i may have overlooked something simple!!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just had a quick look at the manual, are you using lan port 4 to connect to the ont? Port 4 doubles up as both the lan and wan port. You need to enter the username and password that Eir use, I don't know what they are but I'm sure they're easy to find. You might need to dig further into the settings to change the function of lan port 4 from lan to wan but just try connecting it first and entering the credentials.
    Had a further look here https://static.tp-link.com/1910012125_Archer%20VR2800(EU)_V1_UG.pdf
    You need to put it into wireless router mode (chapter 4.5) The modem they refer to is the ont not the F2000.
    It looks straightforward enough, tp link manuals are well written in fairness.

Advertisement