Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steeltech or blocks

Options
  • 06-02-2021 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some extra storage space and wonder which is cheaper a traditional block and slate roof vs a steeltech shed
    Size would be approx 6m X 4m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

We had a 4x3 Steeltech in 2019. Came in about 3K. I'm pleased with it. It's neat and tidy, and dry.

I've a block barn / workshop, a bit away, and its quite damp and not too pleasant to spend to much time in when we have weather.

If you're doing the majority of the work yourself, it could work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I think you may be looking at it from the wrong perspective looking for cheaper when you should be looking for what's best.will degrade over time.

I had a similar choice a few years ago and after thinking about went with Block and I am delighted with the outcome.
    My Neighbour went with Steel and has said several times he should have done the same as me.

Block built will be more expensive but so much better if done right. Plus it will add real value to the home.
    Whereas Steel will very cold and Damp in the Winter to the extent that droplets will fall on you and you will be storing stuff in the House for fear of it rusting etc in the shed. Plus the Shed will degrade over time.

Advertisement