Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 5 - Prospective tenants visits in rented accomodation

Options
  • 06-02-2021 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi there,

Just wondering what rights do landlords have during the lockdown when it comes to showing the premises to prospective tenants ?
    We handed our notice and we were asked by Letting agent to allow for one hour's worth of viewings per week during our notice period.
    I don't think this is a good idea during Level 5 restrictions even if we are not going to be in the apartment during one hour visits.
    People like to touch things and I'm not comfortable that somebody might spread Covid to us.

Any thoughts if this is permitted in this form during level 5 restrictions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Personally, I'd remind the agent of the current government guidelines:
    To enable a limited functioning of the housing and residential tenancy market during this time it has also been agreed that online viewings will be the default approach to viewing property for rental or sale, with a physical viewing only permissible at the point where a tenancy agreement is being entered into or where a contract for sale has been drawn up. This approach balances the need to avoid social interaction with the need to provide a pathway to tenancy and home ownership for those who need it.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/53a69-minister-obrien-confirms-shutdown-in-construction-activity/

My (unqualified) opinion; as per usual viewings to be by mutual agreement between landlord/tenant but subject to current restrictions. That would suggest to me you have to agree to it (mutual) and one viewing at the point where a tenancy agreement is being entered into.

Advertisement