Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any difference other than customer support?

Options
  • 05-02-2021 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm wondering if there's a huge amount of difference between speeds via different companies for Fibre to the Home?

I'm assuming not.

I'd like to opt for Digiweb/Airwire due to their customer service, but they are nearly double the price than say Vodafone over 12 months at 40 euro for 1000/100.

Are there any other benefits? I'm open to paying more, just wondering what peoples experience was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Have you tried Pure? Irish company, good price

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotAnotherOrange

TheDriver wrote: »
    Have you tried Pure? Irish company, good price

I haven't but I could try giving them a call.

Looks like Airwire have set up an account for me but still no word on when a KN engineer can come out.

I'm eager (and desperate) to get set up, so I'm almost willing to go with whoever can get me a guarantee for an engineer visit.

Maybe I'll try calling Pure later. I guess good service but also good price is the key for them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SoupBanana wrote: »

I'm eager (and desperate) to get set up, so I'm almost willing to go with whoever can get me a guarantee for an engineer visit.

Nobody can. Kentucky Fried Networks will do (moreover not do) how they please. Your install time is a lottery that has nothing to do with the line operator.

Worst thing you can do is chop and change as you'll fall back to the very end of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotAnotherOrange

ED E wrote: »
    Nobody can. Kentucky Fried Networks will do (moreover not do) how they please. Your install time is a lottery that has nothing to do with the line operator.

Worst thing you can do is chop and change as you'll fall back to the very end of the queue.

Yeah fair enough, but right now I don't even have a date because I wasn't given one, or wasn't called back.

And given it was yesterday I'm not sure ringing someone like Pure up, or even ordering through Vodafone would make a huge amount of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

SoupBanana wrote: »
    I haven't but I could try giving them a call.

Looks like Airwire have set up an account for me but still no word on when a KN engineer can come out.

Maybe I'll try calling Pure later. I guess good service but also good price is the key for them then?

I'd stick with Airware, they have a good name for chasing up on your behalf. I'd give them a reminder that you are waiting....

• Advertisement
Advertisement