Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps5 overheating

Options
  • 05-02-2021 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Anyone come across this issue yet ? Where exactly are the vents are they front by the disc and at the back by the power outlet

I am struggling with space i have my TV mounted on the wall with the ps next to the TV mounted vertically

The disc side is free but the hdmi side is almost up against the TV which is recessed in the wall . I was under the impression the vent was on the disc side and then underneath

Hope I explain it alright I will try upload a picture

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If I'm not mistaken, all heat goes out the back and air is pulled in from the front. If the back of the console is up against something, you'll have these issues. Try taking it down and putting it in a bit of space and see if the same thing happens, that'll confirm 100% if it's placement or something else.

Edit: It takes air in from the top (when vertical), so it goes in around where the outer panels bend out. But definitely comes out the back. I have the dongle for the Pulse headset in the back and when using the console the dongle gets red hot. Doesn't happen when it's in the front USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

If I'm not mistaken, all heat goes out the back and air is pulled in from the front. If the back of the console is up against something, you'll have these issues. Try taking it down and putting it in a bit of space and see if the same thing happens, that'll confirm 100% if it's placement or something else.

Edit: It takes air in from the top (when vertical), so it goes in around where the outer panels bend out. But definitely comes out the back. I have the dongle for the Pulse headset in the back and when using the console the dongle gets red hot. Doesn't happen when it's in the front USB.
    I will take it down tomorrow and see , it didn't get extremely hot it was just warm

I hope this works out as I don't have the space to keep it on the floor I had to mount the TV on the wall over my daughter who likes to smash things

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's an extremely good reason. I haven't noticed my own get hot, but I haven't really needed to notice. If I start hearing fans go mad I'll worry then, but that's just habit from the Supersonic PS4 Pro I had. I wouldn't be too worried if it's just warm, it does generate a lot of heat depending on what you're doing, but with good ventilation/air flow it should be fine. Again I'll double check mine tonight just to be sure. Maybe someone else can give their experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You need more space at the back of the unit 100%.
    I’ve been checking mine as its in a tight space too and it seems hotter towards the back.

Can you turn it slightly so that it is not perpendicular to the wall, hopefully allowing more wire to flow past?

I’ve also two small usb power fans (which I always needed on with the PS4Pro) for really hot days but for the moment while the device is warm it is not warm enough to warrant putting them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Taltos wrote: »
    You need more space at the back of the unit 100%.
    I’ve been checking mine as its in a tight space too and it seems hotter towards the back.

Can you turn it slightly so that it is not perpendicular to the wall, hopefully allowing more wire to flow past?

I’ve also two small usb power fans (which I always needed on with the PS4Pro) for really hot days but for the moment while the device is warm it is not warm enough to warrant putting them on.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-Mount-for-PlayStation-5-PS5-Disk-Edition-Wall-Bracket-P3D-LAB-/284117143903&ved=2ahUKEwj23raX9NTuAhV-UBUIHTlDDHwQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1UMV5X29sKBIUU-MU3lHeT

This is the stand i have there is room at the back but not a whole lot
    If you see the pictures I'n the link that's how mine is mounted the disc on the left and the hdmi and power lead on right which is close to TV

I will take it down today and play it and see how warm it gets and compare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

That should be ok really unless the back area is right up against something. Sure try leaving it down to see if there’s a difference. If its still overheating then maybe get onto Sony - who knows it could just be a faulty unit

Advertisement