Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internet

• 05-02-2021 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

My 10gb update for cod says it’s gonna take 2 and half hours to download , I got new internet 500 meg and it’s wired, any ideas why it always takes way longer than it should ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My 10gb update for cod says it’s gonna take 2 and half hours to download , I got new internet 500 meg and it’s wired, any ideas why it always takes way longer than it should ?

What xbox is it? What speed is the WiFi?

Has the update just came out and everyone is hammering the server at the same time?

Edit - Just read you said wired. Probably just the server being hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

It’s 500mbps, just did a speed test on the Xbox and getting 386 download. It’s only 17% after like 25 mins. Not even sure it’s a new download , haven’t played the game in a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

It’s 500mbps, just did a speed test on the Xbox and getting 386 download. It’s only 17% after like 25 mins. Not even sure it’s a new download , haven’t played the game in a week or so

You need to get the machine on and updating ahead of time.

It's a pain in the hole these days with the size of updates.

That does seem pretty slow tho, even if the DL server is being hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

km991148 wrote: »
    You need to get the machine on and updating ahead of time.

It's a pain in the hole these days with the size of updates.

That does seem pretty slow tho, even if the DL server is being hammered.

Ya it is very slow to be fair. I’ve never seen broadband speeds change so much with this could be 380 now and 25 in an hours time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

restarting console usually does the trick for me if a download is slow.

also make sure no game is running in bakcground

• Advertisement

There must have been an issue yesterday. Usually my updates download at 300+Mbps, but COD was coming down at around 1mbps last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

I find it varies. Usually get about 80Mbps on a 100Mbps wired connection. Assuming no one else is using the house internet.

Advertisement