Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going bald

Options
  • 05-02-2021 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

-Mods, Remove if not allowed (apologies).

I posted this elsewhere but I'd like to get some more light-hearted input.

I'm 23, I've been shaving my head down to stubble a little under a year.
    I'm also trying to maintain what little stubbly facial hair I can muster.

I started going bald at a young age.
    I shaved it when it became noticeable and I felt a lot of relief - bald is better than balding, especially on someone my age.

Every now and then I think that I'd like to have hair and I start to regret not taking/trying medication to slow down, stop or prevent my hair loss.
    It's not too late in that regard.

Bald is fine, but it's a little odd on someone my age.
    I'm lucky enough that people tell me it really suits me, most assume I just buzzed it because I like the look rather than because I'm going bald.

I know people will say 'ladies love a bald head', I think it's more so - 'women over the age of 30 find bald heads more attractive than balding heads'.
    At my age there are very few shiny domes.
    That being said most girls have told me 'it actually does suit you', as though it shouldn't but it does.

I still wonder if I should try medication/treatment to keep or even regain the hair on my head.

Being bald at my age has become a defining feature, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing but it's hardly a good one either.

What's been your experience with going bald?
    Anyone here shaved it at a young age?

I'm just bored to be honest, I want to know what people make of the situation..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't worry, babes loves baldy men

look at kojak

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsQAKJbho3WnbUxsic8JjPAddwNgq-OsL8iw&usqp=CAU

(and please don't tell me you never heard of kojak, don't make me feel old)

I zipped mine off at about 19 (through choice, admittedly).

Had gotten fed up with the hassle of hair so just went into the barber and got it buzzed off, went home and clean shaved it. Never looked back.

I'd stay as you are, you seem happy with it which is the biggest hurdle as it's something that really eats away at some fellas.

You'll notice that when older fellas do eventually arrive at the day where they admit defeat on the hairline, they often say they should have zipped it off years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,863 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

-Mods, Remove if not allowed (apologies).

I posted this elsewhere but I'd like to get some more light-hearted input.

I'm 23, I've been shaving my head down to stubble a little under a year.
    I'm also trying to maintain what little stubbly facial hair I can muster.

I started going bald at a young age.
    I shaved it when it became noticeable and I felt a lot of relief - bald is better than balding, especially on someone my age.

Every now and then I think that I'd like to have hair and I start to regret not taking/trying medication to slow down, stop or prevent my hair loss.
    It's not too late in that regard.

Bald is fine, but it's a little odd on someone my age.
    I'm lucky enough that people tell me it really suits me, most assume I just buzzed it because I like the look rather than because I'm going bald.

I know people will say 'ladies love a bald head', I think it's more so - 'women over the age of 30 find bald heads more attractive than balding heads'.
    At my age there are very few shiny domes.
    That being said most girls have told me 'it actually does suit you', as though it shouldn't but it does.

I still wonder if I should try medication/treatment to keep or even regain the hair on my head.

Being bald at my age has become a defining feature, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing but it's hardly a good one either.

What's been your experience with going bald?
    Anyone here shaved it at a young age?

I'm just bored to be honest, I want to know what people make of the situation..

I did the same at your age , that was a few years back now :D

Honestly it’s grand don’t bother about trying to maintain a beard or stubble to compensate if you don’t want to .

If you are ok with it just go with it don’t bother with expensive medications that only work to a certain point .

Mod
    Already a thread in PI , closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement