Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair cancelling flights

Options
  • 04-02-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Had a flight booked for July. Got an email saying the flights were cancelled there now stating 'We regret to advise you that due to ongoing changes to UK Civil Aviation Authority policy, at very short notice, we have no alternative and are forced to cancel your flight(s)'

What the heck like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Noxegon

They've announced that they're closing all UK->non-EU and UK domestic flights because they don't want to have to put more aircraft on the UK register. I'm guessing your flight is one of those.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

So does this mean Ireland to the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FunnySmart

Where were you flying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Bazzy wrote: »
    So does this mean Ireland to the uk?

No, as they don't fall under ''UK->non-EU and UK domestic flights'' categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

It's due to Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Was booked Derry to Edinburgh in July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Post Brexit Ryanair (as in Ryanair Ireland) lost its rights to fly domestic in UK and UK to non EU destinations.

Ryanair created a UK registered airline, Ryanair UK but only a single aircraft and is/was/planned subleasing from Ryanair (Ireland/Poland/Malta) to make up the difference.

UK CAA not happy about this. They don't mind you hiring in to fill the odd gap, thats fine but Ryanair have the option to register more aircraft in the UK to make the problem go away.

For comparison Easyjet has a UK airline and an Austrian airline with substantial numbers of fleet in both so can easily work around the restrictions and there is no issue if they need to sub lease either way a few aircraft now and then.

Ball in in Stobart/Aer Lingus regional and Loganair's court to jump on the route

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Noxegon

madalig12 wrote: »
    Was booked Derry to Edinburgh in July

Yup, though it pains me to say it that qualifies as UK domestic.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

They have reduced capacity on DUB to LPA, Monday flights are cancelled. They mailed last week to put me on a different flight but have taken the refund cos realistically wont be travelling.

Advertisement