Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow envelope Eir fibre map

Options
  • 04-02-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Wondering can anybody shed some light on this

Currently living in a new estate 95% completed
    We currently don't have any type of broadband in the estate as the cables haven't been laid

When I view the eir fibre rollout map it shows my house as been in a Live area-light green but there is a yellow envelope marked over our house

We are not in the intervention area either

What does the yellow envelope mean ?
    Are we any closer to getting broadband ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

Light green means FTTC is available in the area. The yellow envelope represents your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oleard1987

I find it very strange so that we are in a light green area and Fibre broadband isn't available

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

It means your area is covered, not the specific premises. If you haven't had cables laid yet, you won't be able to be connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

oleard1987 wrote: »
    I find it very strange so that we are in a light green area and Fibre broadband isn't available
    Have you checked airwire.ie with your Eircode?

Yeah have checked Airwire and only VDSL available

Light green on the Eir Rollout map is showing as Fibre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Ok so fibre is available just not FTTH. Not sure if you can request FTTH but it's worth a try. Engineer will call out to assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭dam099

Yeah have checked Airwire and only VDSL available

Light green on the Eir Rollout map is showing as Fibre

Airwire dont offer SIRO fully nationally so also worth checking your Eircode on siro.ie

dam099 wrote: »
    Airwire dont offer SIRO fully nationally so also worth checking your Eircode on siro.ie

There is no cables what so ever in our estate .so we can't order Siro,FTTC ,FTTH and I'm questioning why my estate is in a light green area which shows as Fibre enabled and has a yellow envelope marked over it as the estate next to us has no yellow envelope

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There is no cables what so ever in our estate .so we can't order Siro,FTTC ,FTTH and I'm questioning why my estate is in a light green area which shows as Fibre enabled and has a yellow envelope marked over it as the estate next to us has no yellow envelope

Is this not the reason?
    As in the next estate is not your property.
    Light green means FTTC is available in the area. The yellow envelope represents your property.

Dcully wrote: »
    Is this not the reason?
    As in the next estate is not your property.

Every house in our estate has yellow envelopes
    I was just wondering does it mean anything ie its on way ,it's being surveyed or we are never getting it 🀣

• Advertisement
Advertisement