Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Record one channel whilst watching another

• 04-02-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I have a Humax 1100d for a few months now and all is going well.

One thing I noticed though, was that when I was recording something the other night, it wouldnt let me watch another channel.

I thought that when I plugged in the second satellite lead that it would mean that I could record two channels at once or I could record one channel and watch another.

Is there some setting that I didnt change that I should have when I plugged in the second lead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you need to run the initial setup again so it recognises the 2nd connection. Just be careful you don't do a total reset and it formats the hard drive. It's in the setup menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Yes you need to run the initial setup again so it recognises the 2nd connection. Just be careful you don't do a total reset and it formats the hard drive. It's in the setup menu.

Sorry for the stupid question, I just want to make sure I dont do the wrong thing. Do I just select factory default in the system settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP but I have the very same question for an Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus running OpenATv, Enigma2

I have moved it from a place with a single sat input to a place with a dual sat input (it's replacing the Sky+ box).

What config change do I need to do to the tuner to get it to recognize both inputs ?

I'm not in front of the box right now bu I will be later and can give more details if what I'm asking does not make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP but I have the very same question for an Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus running OpenATv, Enigma2

I have moved it from a place with a single sat input to a place with a dual sat input (it's replacing the Sky+ box).

What config change do I need to do to the tuner to get it to recognize both inputs ?

I'm not in front of the box right now bu I will be later and can give more details if what I'm asking does not make sense.

When you go into the tuner config settings you will see something akin to the pic below. In your case one will be marked as disabled (not configured). Using the left/right buttons set this to equal the other satellite tuner. Ignore the model numbers in the pic as this is from a Zgemma. So if tuner "A" is working and "B" is disabled, set 'B equal A".

544286.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

When you go into the tuner config settings you will see something akin to the pic below. In your case one will be marked as disabled (not configured). Using the left/right buttons set this to equal the other satellite tuner. Ignore the model numbers in the pic as this is from a Zgemma. So if tuner "A" is working and "B" is disabled, set 'B equal A".

544286.jpg
    That worked perfectly.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement