Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to tether 5G mobile to home network.

Options
  • 04-02-2021 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Want to temporarily tether a 5G android mobile ( no need to comment that 5G is not available yet.. thats understood) to a home network.

Do not want to tether to a PC via usb and then share from there, because I dont want to leave a PC on.

Do not want to create a WIFI hotspot off the phone because I'd have to repeat that wifi throughout the house, I have a mesh network already

Thinking of buying this router MR2200ac and connecting the mobile via USB to it as per this, the device is a bit of an overkill though as I'd be disabling the WIFI.

Any better way to get the 5G mobile internet to ethernet without buying a 5G router?

Comments

Advertisement