Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI cable from Amazon/ Gearbest/ AliExpress

Options
  • 03-02-2021 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a HDMI cable. Amazon has one or three pack - including shipping - at around €17. Harvey Norman is around €20-€95 for one cable. Do they all do the same job? BTW I'm not looking for 4K/ gold cables etc. I'd appreciate helpful feedback from anyone who has bought lately. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Jaysus surely you can get a bog standard one for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

It's all digital so they either work or do not work. Sometimes the cheaper cables have poor connectors that do not work well if connected and disconnected a lot but I generally just buy the cheapest option.

Ask your friends as someone is bound to have spares lying around. I know there must be half a dozen unused ones in my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Logo

Jaysus surely you can get a bog standard one for a fiver.
    Whereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I got 4k QED hdmi leads from richersounds. Quick delivery too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Logo wrote: »
    Whereabouts?

Got one the other week from rs-components. Delivered in 2-3 days i think. €10 incl delivery..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Logo wrote: »
    Whereabouts?

Dealz or other bargain € type shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I have never had an issue with even the cheapest of hdmi cables. Talking 2 euro ish here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Depends on if you need HDMI 2.1 or not. But I still wouldn't spend crazy money on a cable. Likewise, I will not purchase the cheapy cheap ones. There's a reason they're so cheap, and I find it's because they don't pay for health and safety/testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks folks for the very helpful info.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It'd be no use to you if you need it in a hurry, but often charity shops have an "elctronics" bin, with chargers, adapters and various cables. Alternatively, try Tesco or Dunnes or one of the larger supermarkets, or the €2 shops/Dealz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Advertisement