Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxation on pension - non-resident

Options
  • 03-02-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, trying to figure out what my tax status might be when i go to pull a lump-sum from an Irish pension fund as a non-resident for 6+ years, living in USA.

Would it be emergency taxed? or would the standard rates/tax credits I had as a married citizen with previous employment in Ireland apply?

The scheme admin mentioned a possible Tax Exemption Cert but cannot find any information on that so not sure that is an option - then declare it in the USA as income.

I have applied for a MyAccount with Revenue but must wait for password to be posted as my p60 is too old to validate for immediate access, also I have reached out to a Tax advisor in Dublin, awaiting to hear if they would help.

or is this a Revenue question perhaps? I have the phone # for Revenue so will call them also - just wanted to get input from a few angles. Cheers.

Advertisement