Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router upgrade

Options
  • 03-02-2021 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking to upgrade my wifi router. Currently have ASUS AC68U, bit old at this stage but still works fairly ok(dropouts on 5Ghz network recently). With my current Asus I'm getting around 60mbit/s on 2.4ghz.
    My ISP is Virgin 500mbit package.

Main q's - My house is 3 bed semi-detached house. Should I get mesh system or just get newer single AX router. For sake of future proofing it probably make sense to get AX mesh too.
    Any recommendations? I like Asus but open to any other brand. I also have couple of IoT hubs connected to router so definitely need at least 3 ports on main unit. And lastly was hoping not spend arm and leg.
    Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement