Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water filtration

Options
  • 03-02-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭

I live in rural Donegal and have a bore well. It's 300ft deep but despite having filtration systems installed we still have terrible quality. We can't drink the water and it stains the taps, showers, toilets etc.

Every time I get a filtration company in they promise the earth, then when they can't get the water to a good standard they bail out and won't come near me.

Any recommendations for companies? Preferably in the North West or Northern a Ireland as its a pain to drag someone up from the other end of the country every time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I am afraid I cannot help but it shouldn't be too difficult to filter ground water to drinking water quality?

When I served the army we carried a water cleaning kit, we could basically take any water, run it through the kit and drink it. I know a bore well is a different size all together, but there has to be a straight forward solution.

Is there any feedback from the companies you tried about why they cannot get it filtered to standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Have you got a Water Test done. That's the first place to start. When you know whats in the water then you'll know what you need.
    You should be able to get a Test done locally.

Going on what you say it sounds like Iron/ manganese is present.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've had half a dozen tests. Iron, manganese, high pH, sulphur, the list goes on.

Ive had 3 different companies try to solve this and still no further forward. Its much cleaner, but still not drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You then have to tackle the issues separately, Starting with the ph level. Then move on to the Iron/ Manganese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

sky6 wrote: »
    You then have to tackle the issues separately, Starting with the ph level. Then move on to the Iron/ Manganese.

The current system has 3 canisters, one of which is a pH adjuster, another a salt wash and I can't recall what else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement