Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employers & Employee PRSI class S

Options
  • 03-02-2021 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Company director prsi class S paying 4% Employee PRSI on salary, does he needs to pay Employers prsi as well?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

no. company directors on class s dont pay employer prsi, but that will probably change in the next couple of years as Ive seen mention in papers (sunday business post and indo i think) over the last few months that government are looking into changing it so that class s will pay employer prsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

capefear wrote: »
    no. company directors on class s dont pay employer prsi, but that will probably change in the next couple of years as Ive seen mention in papers (sunday business post and indo i think) over the last few months that government are looking into changing it so that class s will pay employer prsi.

Does an IT contractor (who is the proprietor and only director of a Ltd company, & won't be hiring any staff) have to register with Revenue for Employers PAYE/PRSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭hold my beer

ulster wrote: »
    Does an IT contractor (who is the proprietor and only director of a Ltd company, & won't be hiring any staff) have to register with Revenue for Employers PAYE/PRSI?

If you want to pay yourself via the PAYE system yes

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

If you want to pay yourself via the PAYE system yes

How does one go about not paying themselves via PAYE. Is it like dividends or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭hold my beer

How does one go about not paying themselves via PAYE. Is it like dividends or something?

Sole traders primarily, or those with passive income sources, pay tax via annual tax return

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dividends but that's just a silly route to use.

Reguster for PAYE and pay yourself through the PAYE system.

Advertisement