Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groundhog Day!

Options
  • 02-02-2021 11:30pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today is (nearly was) Groundhog Day!

So I only realised that today - Feb 2nd - is Groundhog Day.

According to American tradition, if a groundhog can see its shadow on the ground today, Spring will be early. If not, winter continues for another few weeks.

Watched the film back when it came out - 1993 or thereabouts - and I always loved it. Especially towards the end where Bill Murray’s character couldn’t give a rats ass what he did or what happened as everything would reset the next morning. :D

You ever had a “Groundhog Day” experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Virtual high five to the Sky Cinema Comedy channel, who showed the movie Groundhog Day, over and over continuously for 24hrs today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Virtual high five to the Sky Cinema Comedy channel, who showed the movie Groundhog Day, over and over continuously for 24hrs today.

They should commit properly and show it every day.

Phil predicted another six weeks of winter. Yay.

It's been a Groundhog year, so many days have mirrored the previous so I'm taking it one groundhog day at a time for the forseeable future for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Ned?

Ned Ryerson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

nullzero wrote: »
    Ned?

Ned Ryerson?

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Seen it before.

JupiterKid wrote: »

Every blasted day since last March.

M0d1.gif

Larbre34 wrote: »

They didn’t though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They didn’t though.

On it now, until 7am tomorrow.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

Wait! What? 2nd February? Is this not March 13th again? February? What year?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lynn Benfield

Ken M calls it Dirtpig Day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Every blasted day since last March.

M0d1.gif

Do you know what you should do to pass the time? Become fluent in French, master the piano, learn to sculpt ice with a chainsaw... just a few of the things that sprang to mind, somehow... you already know how to do CPR, don't you?

My ex was a big fan of this movie, and tried to tell me there was a meaning behind it. I just didn't find it very funny. I'm not sure I can remember a movie that I found Bill Murray funny in to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,254 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Today is (nearly was) Groundhog Day!

So I only realised that today - Feb 2nd - is Groundhog Day.

According to American tradition, if a groundhog can see its shadow on the ground today, Spring will be early. If not, winter continues for another few weeks.

Watched the film back when it came out - 1993 or thereabouts - and I always loved it. Especially towards the end where Bill Murray’s character couldn’t give a rats ass what he did or what happened as everything would reset the next morning. :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    It's even funnier because of your avatar. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I just didn't find it very funny. I'm not sure I can remember a movie that I found Bill Murray funny in to be honest.

Give ‘Kingpin’ or ‘What About Bob?’ a go.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Whatever you do, mind the puddles.

Advertisement