Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online courses

Options
  • 02-02-2021 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi lads,

Just wondering does anyone have any advice on what might be good certifications or courses to take online Or even good sources online for recognised courses Or certifications.

I’m working in a medical devices company but am hoping to upskill to get a job with better pay As I am in a starter roll in my current job..

I know it is a very broad question but I’m just trying to get an idea of where to look before narrowing down my options,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

Check out IT Sligo or DIT, both offer online courses from certs all the way upto masters. I work in medical devices and got my degree through IT Sligo whilst working. It's very manageable

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mouton

Government funded courses which lead to qualification are available via eCollege. They're mostly IT and business related. You might find something interesting!

Info. here on courses in general: https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/f205a-the-right-course/

And here on online courses: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/4029d-free-online-courses-for-everyone/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Upforachat

Thanks very much for the responses.. I will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

In which direction would you like your career to progress? For example, move into management, or engineering, or sales and marketing, or back office...

Do you have a degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Upforachat

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    In which direction would you like your career to progress? For example, move into management, or engineering, or sales and marketing, or back office...

Do you have a degree?

Hi thanks for the reply..

I’m not sure, I’ve basically realised that I don’t earn enough to be able to buy a house comfortably.. I have about 5 yrs experience in manufacturing and medical devices in operator roles.

Im hoping to gain skills or qualifications so that I can get a better job.. I don’t mind moving job sectors altogether for a better paid job.

I feel like I have built up good work experience and soft skills but it’s time I get some solid skills to make myself more attractive for better jobs..

Anyone’s experience or advice is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭divillybit

It would be well worth checking out the springboard courses website and try one of those. They seem very affordable if you are paying for the course yourself. I'm doing a distance learning postgraduate diploma and it's been a struggle. So maybe try a spring board course initially and see how you get on. A lean six sigma yellow belt is a good starter course to do, which can lead on to green and black belt qualifications too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jayah_77

Glad to find your tips. Just on the lookout for online courses.

I really like to study but I don't like to go out at all.

That's why I'm only interested in online courses. And recently my friend shared a review about https://edureviewer.com/courses/teachable-review/ and said that it is a great platform for online courses. I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Post edited by jayah_77 on

Advertisement