Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Donation Clinics in Waterford

Options
  • 02-02-2021 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

How often do they run blood donation clinics in Waterford? I have checked the giveblood.ie website and there is nothing scheduled at all. I have registed my interest but received nothing from them.

I used to donate in Limerick and there were multiple clinics scheduled every month at various locations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Gadgie wrote: »
    How often do they run blood donation clinics in Waterford? I have checked the giveblood.ie website and there is nothing scheduled at all. I have registed my interest but received nothing from them.

I used to donate in Limerick and there were multiple clinics scheduled every month at various locations.
    Normally every 3-4 months. The last time was the start of November.
    I have found that since Covid, they don't tend to put up the details as far ahead as they used to.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I last donated on 1st Nov and I rang them yesterday to see if there’s anything planned for this month in Waterford and there isn’t nor is there anything scheduled for next month either. That can change at short notice though. I was offered a place in Wexford town next Monday or Tuesday if I wanted to donate down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

It's by appointment only now and it works a lot better by doing it this way.

Usually March when they start again here!

It's by appointment only now and it works a lot better by doing it this way.

Usually March when they start again here!

It’s been appointment only now since last April/May as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It’s been appointment only now since last April/May as far as I know.

Yep, the last time I donated was end of September in Limerick and that was by appointment. I became eligible to donate again at end of December, so I was checking for clinics in Waterford during January but there's been nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Mad Peggy

Giving blood is such an important thing. My sons, grandsons and great grandsons give it as much as they can every year. Since coronavirus happened we've had to hook the grandchildren up to old bovine machinery and send the blood by freight in order to keep the family name good.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Rustyman101

Mad Peggy wrote: »
    Giving blood is such an important thing. My sons, grandsons and great grandsons give it as much as they can every year. Since coronavirus happened we've had to hook the grandchildren up to old bovine machinery and send the blood by freight in order to keep the family name good.
    good user name !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Haven't seen as many notices, I was told actually I'd always get a text when they were going to be in Waterford as a blood donor but have never got one.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Rustyman101

Haven't seen as many notices, I was told actually I'd always get a text when they were going to be in Waterford as a blood donor but have never got one.
    haven't gotten 1 either, much better system now, done n dusted in an hour ! maybe next month, not sure if they are targeting specific groups depending on stock levels !

I was told recently that the reason there are so few clinics at the minute is because many of the hotels which they use are currently closed due to covid restrictions and the staff of these hotels are on the pandemic payment also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

There's a clinic in the Woodlands March 7th-11th, 15th, 16th & 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

maybe you have to update your details-i get a text from the IBTS a week before they come into town.
    So much better with the appointment system -done and dusted within the hour-so much better than before.

Advertisement