Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Tax

Options
  • 02-02-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey folks,

New to this forum, I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

During the first lockdown I bought a northern reg lt32 and converted it to a camper. Figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone, do the the VRT and transfer it from a LGV to a Camper at the same time.

I've just tried to tax it and I'm being charged €1080 for the year, is this correct? From reading online, it's saying campervan tax is only around €100.

Any help or info is appreciated 😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did you change the vehicle on the logbook to a camper? There's a whole process involved to do that, have a search of this forum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

From what I've heard you transfer it to Irish plates first, and then pay the VRT on changing it to a camper minue what you've already paid. But as Alkers said , it sounds like you haven't changed it to camper on the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Joeyoduill

Yeah all changed over when doing the VRT. Brought it to the VRT for inspection and got the engineers report etc.
    Rang revenue today to make sure it was actually put through as a camper and they said it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

You cannot do the first camper tax online. You must contact local tax office to get the €102 camper tax. You can post documents into local tax office in covid times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ReganBrady

It’s all process involved to implement if you have changed the vehicle on the logbook to camper, but as we know you have transferred to Irish plates in the first step, then pay VRT on changing it to the camper that’s what you already paid.

• Advertisement

Joeyoduill wrote: »
    During the first lockdown I bought a northern reg lt32 and converted it to a camper. Figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone, do the the VRT and transfer it from a LGV to a Camper at the same time.

You may have broken the system. They expect most people to pay (compounded) VRT twice. One for import and another for logbook change.

Advertisement