Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will prices continue to rise indefinitely in Dublin/Kildare?

Options
  • 02-02-2021 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

The market seems crazy at the moment with 20 people interested in any property that comes online.

Are there are signs of this slowing in the next 5 years? Otherwise an average 3 bed will be half a million. How can this be sustainable & who has all of this money (even with CoVid savings).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 seenn00J

They won't rise indefinitely no, just an imbalance between supply and demand going on in my opinion due to construction slowdown since last March, and combined with people having a lot more disposable cash (no transport costs for example, or dining out/pubs/etc) on deposit. Probably looking at least 12 months more of rises but I can't see it continuing too far beyond that, especially if the CB rules remain unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭vintcerf

Might be worse now but it was the same pre-covid. I remember in November 2019 having to queue outside houses just to view (Kimmage, Navan Road, Harold's Cross, Terrenure). I don't think anyone knows what the future holds, it's all speculation. We have friends that pulled out of a sale just when covid hit as they were told prices will plummet and now they can't get anything in their price range.
    Ourselves, we got outbid so many times in 2019 and at the time we thought the ea was playing games, but those properties are now on pp register at around the same amount we were told. Some people just have the money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 seenn00J

vintcerf wrote: »
    Might be worse now but it was the same pre-covid. I remember in November 2019 having to queue outside houses just to view (Kimmage, Navan Road, Harold's Cross, Terrenure). I don't think anyone knows what the future holds, it's all speculation. We have friends that pulled out of a sale just when covid hit as they were told prices will plummet and now they can't get anything in their price range.
    Ourselves, we got outbid so many times in 2019 and at the time we thought the ea was playing games, but those properties are now on pp register at around the same amount we were told. Some people just have the money ...

It's disheartening as someone looking to purchase in the next year but I'm hoping for some normality returning to the property market soon. If everything goes to plan with vaccine rollout this year that should help construction pick up again.

Advertisement