Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports direct sent wrong size. Hermes?

Options
  • 02-02-2021 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Received an incorrect size item from sports direct. They sent a return label and was told to drop it to nearest Hermes depot.
    Obviously being in Ireland there isn’t any. Do you contact Dpd, nightline or send through an post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I would contact Sports Direct and ask them how to return from Ireland, as they've sent you the wrong return label. A UK Hermes label won't be accepted by anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Their "delivery partner of choice" for Ireland is Fastway, and there's a dedicated Fastway/Parcel Connect service for returning items to Sports Direct: https://www.parcelconnect.ie/return/retailer/sports-direct/wizard/

Be warned, though. The delivery label it generates will have your own name on it, and will just give the Fastway hub in Portarlington, Co. Laois, as the delivery address.

Have used it twice myself. First time, no problems - got a refund from SD a few days later. But second time, when I contacted SD after several weeks to ask why I hadn't got a refund yet, they said they never actually received the item. And Fastway were never able to provide me with proof of delivery, even though they claimed in emails that it was delivered. I strongly suspect the package is still sitting somewhere in a warehouse in Portarlington, and I know for a fact that I'm down more than €50 because of it.

My advice is to use An Post. That's what I'll be doing if I have to return anything in future!

Advertisement