Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Virus on my router?

Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ kala85

Could you there be a virus on my router?

and if so how would I be able to check.

Comments

• in order for a virus to be on your router someone would need to inject code through an RCE/Buffer Overflow or rewrite the firmware (which is generally signed and encrypted by the vendor) or maybe load some config that does some code injection. In short it is unlikely.

Check if the firmware is the latest - if not upgrade it. If router is still not right factory reset and reconfigure.

• ishotjr2 wrote: »
    in order for a virus to be on your router someone would need to inject code through an RCE/Buffer Overflow or rewrite the firmware (which is generally signed and encrypted by the vendor) or maybe load some config that does some code injection. In short it is unlikely.

Check if the firmware is the latest - if not upgrade it. If router is still not right factory reset and reconfigure.

Or perhaps neighbors getting free Wi-Fi :)

Advertisement