Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving from Nespresso - advice please

• 01-02-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Some advice please. I have used Nespresso pods for a good while but I have had a nightmare ordering from them online recently - 21 days since my order, still has not left the warehouse, presumably in the UK, with more delays to come up. I cancelled the order today via customer service, utterly frustrated with 3 weeks of contradictory untrue updates.

My coffee drinking habit is a Latte first thing with espressos for the rest of the day. My daughter also uses espresso shots in some of her drinks as well. What setup would you suggest? I have lurked for months on this board and I get that the burr grinder is close to a "must have". After that, I am somewhat unsure - thought it best to describe what we drink and get a little guidance.

Taste wise, my favourite coffee was a limited edition last year - Il Caffe. Described on their site as "intense and velvety" - blend features bold yet smooth washed Robustas from Vietnam and Indonesia; we blend in a touch of Washed Colombian Arabica to bring a hint of acidity, and round out the blend". Strength of 13 which I think is the highest for their scale. Any advice on what beans you good folks have been buying that might be similar?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Have you considered bean-to-cup automatics? Picked up this in October and think it's a great replacement for the Nespresso range.

Advertisement