Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermann Fegelein was an awful sack of sh1t

Options
  • 01-02-2021 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭

I was reading about the Fuhrerbunker the other day and looking at a few YouTub videos on the holocaust and eventually I stumbled onto the subject of Hermann Fegelein. Now I was convinced he was a bit of a nobody who used to pal around with Eva von Braun and run a few errands for her in the hope that she'd dump Mr. Fuhrer and give him the ride. However nothing could be further from the truth

Himmler notified Fegelein by telegram on 1 August that the numbers killed were far too low. A few days later, Himmler issued regimental order no. 42, which called for all male Jews over the age of 14 to be killed. The women and children were to be driven into the swamps and drowned. Thus Fegelein's units were among the first in the Holocaust to wipe out entire Jewish communities. As the water in the swamps was too shallow and some areas had no swamps, it proved impractical to drown the women and children, so they were shot. Fegelein's final report on the operation, dated 18 September 1941, states that they killed 14,178 Jews, 1,001 partisans, 699 Red Army soldiers, with 830 prisoners taken and losses of 17 dead, 36 wounded, and 3 missing. The historian Henning Pieper estimates the actual number of Jews killed was closer to 23,700.

Another interesting fact is nobody is quite sure how he died or who killed him. The auld Fuhrer wasn't happy with him in the end but there are a few competing theories

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I was reading about the Fuhrerbunker the other day and looking at a few YouTub videos on the holocaust and eventually I stumbled onto the subject of Hermann Fegelein. Now I was convinced he was a bit of a nobody who used to pal around with Eva von Braun and run a few errands for her in the hope that she'd dump Mr. Fuhrer and give him the ride. However nothing could be further from the truth

Another interesting fact is nobody is quite sure how he died or who killed him. The auld Fuhrer wasn't happy with him in the end but there are a few competing theories

This is the cheery reading when trying to not have pointless arguments and obsess about Covid [PAC]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

Whats a YouTub?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

1850 715 815. leave a message after de tone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

con747 wrote: »
    Whats a YouTub?

It is like a custom bathtub that is moulded especially for you. It involves a trip to their factory in Bath so they can 3D scan you. Very costly but well worth it and I saved a few bob by bringing from UK and installing it myself, and of course it has a screen near the foot end so you can watch films while you're using it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭con747

It is like a custom bathtub that is moulded especially for you. It involves a trip to their factory in Bath so they can 3D scan you. Very costly but well worth it and I saved a few bob by bringing from UK and installing it myself, and of course it has a screen near the foot end so you can watch films while you're using it

Ah, here's me thinking you couldn't spell. :pac:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Total knucklehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Name kinda sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Name kinda sounds familiar.

And irritating, but I can't say why.

Why is everyone always so mean to Mr fegelian?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

What time is the removal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cerveza wrote: »
    What time is the removal?

Nein thirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

And after all that furhrerbunker stuff, he decided to register on boards and start a load of inane threads. And then disappearing!

Advertisement