Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers Or Sound Card?

Options
  • 01-02-2021 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

:o Okay. I don't know what a Sound Card even is. I'm just throwing it in, in case it might be (part of?) the problem?

Bought a new (refurbed) machine. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LONLBJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Seems fine, thus far. I'm happy. Only, my speakers / youtube just seem to be letting me down now.

My speakers haven't changed. Youtube sure hasn't. Yet, whilst I've been 'deaf' as long as I can remember, I Really feel I'm just not hearing stuff, even as badly as I used to do, since this new machine. So;

A. Might it be the machine, just not putting out ~ through these speakers?

B. Which new speakers should I be looking at for more audible, conversational noise, please? I can't hear what people are saying.

For reference, I'm running Logitech S 00134 speakers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Stigura wrote: »
    :o Okay. I don't know what a Sound Card even is. I'm just throwing it in, in case it might be (part of?) the problem?

Bought a new (refurbed) machine. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LONLBJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Seems fine, thus far. I'm happy. Only, my speakers / youtube just seem to be letting me down now.

My speakers haven't changed. Youtube sure hasn't. Yet, whilst I've been 'deaf' as long as I can remember, I Really feel I'm just not hearing stuff, even as badly as I used to do, since this new machine. So;

A. Might it be the machine, just not putting out ~ through these speakers?

B. Which new speakers should I be looking at for more audible, conversational noise, please? I can't hear what people are saying.

For reference, I'm running Logitech S 00134 speakers.

Thanks.

Which audio socket (front or rear) are you connecting the speakers to?
    Have you checked the audio properties?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-sound-settings-windows-10-april-2018-update

Make sure that the correct device is being used. Also, make sure that the app controls are turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sound cards have been pretty much defunct for the average Joe for years so it's definitely a setting issue or the speakers themselves
    Spatial sound/enhancements are the probable issue or straight up the speakers

Buy a pair of cheap headphones (prob get one for a few euro in the local euro shop) and see how the sound is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Thanks, people! :D That's amazing!

I followed the link and dug around. Don't ask Me how, but; I had 'my speakers' listed Twice :confused:

Anyway, I 'Tested' the first one. And it went "bloom!". Hmm. Not very clever.

Tested the Second one? " BLOOM!!! ". Threw out the first one ;) Sorted!

Advertisement